Tofu is a highly nutritious, high-protein, high-mineral, low-fat diet food.
We often hear that tofu has a high nutritional value, what exactly is this specific nutritional value?
Nutritional value of tofu
1. Every 100 grams of firm tofu, 69.8% water, containing 15.7 grams of protein, 8.6 grams of fat, 4.3 grams of carbohydrates, and 0.1 grams of fiber, can provide 611.2 kJ of heat.
2. Tofu is extremely nutritious, containing iron, magnesium, potassium, niacin, copper, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, folic acid, vitamin B1, methionine, and vitamin B6.
3. The high amino acid and protein content in tofu make it a good complementary food for grains.
Tofu is 78% unsaturated fatty acids and contains no cholesterol, making it known as "vegetable meat".
The digestibility and absorption rate of tofu is over 95%.
4. Tofu is rich in phytoestrogens
The benefits of eating tofu
1. Tofu is high in calcium and has an amino acid component, which is good for preventing menopausal conditions.
The high-quality calcium content can prevent and counteract osteoporosis, breast cancer, and prostate.
2. Tofu is good for the brain and also inhibits cholesterol intake.
Soy protein significantly reduces plasma cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL, which not only prevents colon cancer but also helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
3. Reduce the chances of breast cancer
The soybeans used to make tofu contain soy isoflavones, which can adjust the response of the breast to estrogen.
The concentration of isoflavones in the urine of Japanese women is 100 to 1,000 times higher than that of women in the United States and the Netherlands, which is related to the frequent consumption of soybeans in Japan and is one of the reasons why the incidence of breast cancer is lower in Japan compared to Europe and the United States.
In addition, regular consumption of tofu can also effectively prevent the occurrence of leukemia, colon cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, etc.
4. Saponin contained in soybeans can scavenge free radicals in the body, which has significant anti-cancer activity, inhibit the growth of tumor cells, inhibit platelet aggregation, and anti-thrombotic effect.
5. The nutritional value of tofu is similar to that of milk, and for people who cannot drink cow's milk because of lactose intolerance, tofu is a good substitute for milk.
6. Modern medicine confirms that tofu has the function of increasing nutrition, helping digestion and appetite, in addition to the growth and development of teeth and bones, and can increase the content of iron in the blood in hematopoietic function.
In short, tofu is very rich in nutritional value and can be consumed regularly.