Mountaineering is a relatively common way to exercise. Although mountaineering may seem very simple, there are many matters that need attention and items that need to be prepared. The following will explain what considerations should be taken when hiking.
1. Each trip should be by the individual's physical condition, if we all hike together, then the worst physical condition to determine the standard of the hike.
There is no battle of strength or weakness in outdoor activities, only the most suitable for you.
Choose the right route according to your physical ability and don't blindly participate in routes and activities that are beyond your ability.
2. Each trip should be carefully planned, where is the water source along the way? How far is the distance? What is the weather like? What are the dangers along the way?
Tell the people closest to you about your plans and itinerary for each trip.
3. Do not go too fast. The pace of the hike should be determined by the slowest member of the group.
4. Equipment must fit the actual environment, with sturdy shoes, a weatherproof backpack, sun, warm and windproof clothes, and enough water and food.
A good pair of hiking shoes will better protect your body, and a good backpack will make you more comfortable in the outdoors.
5. Never neglect navigation equipment, including a compass, map, and GPS.
It is easy to lose your way in the wilderness, and effective navigation equipment is a necessity for outdoor activities.
6. Prepare a trekking pole, which will give you great help during the downhill.
7. If a storm is approaching, do not hesitate to turn around immediately.
If you meet a storm halfway, stay away from isolated trees, don't stay at the top of a hill or ridge, and find a valley or a place with lower terrain.
8. Don't rely excessively on the leader in the outdoors. The most important thing is to rely on yourself, the leader is the one who coordinates and takes care of everything, not just one person.
9. Always put an extra jacket in your bag, preferably a down jacket in winter, regardless of spring, summer, autumn, and winter, in critical moments, an extra piece of clothing in your bag is the best preparation to prevent hypothermia.
10. Always put a spare bottle of water in your backpack, it will save your life when it matters.